Building Relationships in a Crowded Market with Damian Soong of Form Nutrition
The supplement market is a bustling space, with players ranging from enormous corporations to smaller DTC brands. Form Nutrition has found their place by putting the mission dead center: helping customers realize the greatest version of themselves while being mindful of others. This mission is built into every aspect of the business and it has a ton of implications for customer relationships and retention. Kristen talks with co-founder Damian Soong about everything from marketing attribution to turning customers with a bad initial impression of the product into ambassadors for the brand.
- You can create authenticity or you can have it built in from day 1
- Using lead magnets in the DTC space can be a great way to lower your CAC- you just need to tap into the genuine needs of your customers
- Adding value rather than taking away for initial acquisition
- "If you need to discount your products then you have the wrong products or the wrong customer."
- Customers with a bad initial impression of the product can become ambassadors for the brand, but you'll need to craft a rock solid customer support experience
- Using mission rather than discounting to build an email list
- Use a shared goal or passion rather than traditional demographics to find your best-fit customer- it's all about the essence of the product (essssennnnnceeeeee)
- What it means to be quick thinkers that don't rush
- Hitting profitability on the first purchase
- How eCommerce and SaaS can learn from each other
- How top funnel activity leads all the way down to retention